By Leslie Spotswood, ADL Initiative
Visit the Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative at I/ITSEC 2015 in Orlando, FL! Why? Researchers and developers at ADL Initiative are leading the shift away from standardized, web-based formal learning. Today it’s possible to conduct training and education more efficiently using social media, simulations, games, and virtual worlds — from any device.
ADL staff will be giving multiple presentations and tutorials, leading special events throughout the conference, and manning the NATO booth. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet the staff and learn how our work can help you!
A highlight of I/ITSEC will be on Tues., Dec. 2, when ADL will be leading the Virtual World (VW) Sandbox PlugFest. The VW Sandbox is an open source game-based training tool that allows you to collaboratively author and deploy 2D/3D simulations via any internet connection — with absolutely no software installation required.
Also, the following presentations and tutorials will be given during I/ITSEC highlighting the research and development ADL has accomplished:
● Opening Legacy Data Silos: Using Experience Data for Educational Impact
● Putting Live Firing Range Data to Work Using the xAPI
● Embedding Cyberphysical Systems for Assessing Performance in Training Simulations
● Transmedia (Social) Learning in the Wild: Supporting Training Through Story-driven Engagement
● A Reference Model for Designing Mobile Learning and Performance Support
Visit the I/ITSEC website to register. Participation in any of ADL’s presentations or tutorials is included with full I/ITSEC registration, however information on how to register separately for the VW Sandbox PlugFest event will be forthcoming. Stay tuned!